As many of you know, I am known as what some people call an "Early Bird". In my experience, when you are a morning person it is one of those double edge sword things because people are either saying they wish they could do that or that it just doesn't come natural to them. I have come to realize that being a morning person seems like a rare breed. But I am here to tell you that there is nothing different or special about us.
the Truth about Morning people
1. We are just as likely to be as grumpy as you are. It is just that by the time everyone else wakes up we have had some time, maybe even hours, of wonderful, beautiful, non disturbed silence. Where no one has bothered us while we wake up. Now I know, that it would seem to make since then that we would understand why our peppy, up beat, attitude drives you up the wall when you rise. But we are so refreshed from all our wonderful alone time we can't wait to share the day with others. Sorry, we're just excited after we get over our grumpiness.
2. We have routines and rituals all our own, and we actually really like it that way. Occasionally, we think it would be nice to have someone with us but when we do we quickly remember the grumpy side mentioned above.
3. We like stillness, even if we are up and moving it is nice that everything else is not, we don't mind the quiet calmness that makes us feel like we are moving and getting things done at warp speed.
4. This could be because deep down we might actually be lazy. By waking up early and getting things done, not only do we have less things to do later but we call also go about them at a slower pace if we'd like.
5. And last but not least the reason we can go slower, be excited, and enjoy the calm is because when you have already completed 4 or 5 task before the rest of the world wakes up you feel productive and accomplished.
How morning people think of non morning people
Believe it or not we may be slightly envious we wish we could cuddle up in that bed and fall back asleep. Weather its our internal clock or a habit we have made once we are awake we are awake and it just like how the night owl can close his eyes at night ours wont shut again.
We sometimes wish we could stay up and party with our friends but it takes some major will power! I mean even staying up for a movie would be nice now and again!
We also don't mean to seem overly joyous to those around us when they just wake up, we just have been quiet for hours and are so excited to share the beauty of our morning, and at the same time we barely even notice if you completely disregard us because we just figure its your choice not join in on our beautiful day.
Tricks To Becoming a morning Person
Not all morning people were born "this way". Myself included. The number one trick is NEVER hit SNOOZE! I first started this trick in college when I had to wake up for cross country practice. In my first semester of college I would wake up a half hour early and hit snooze about 3 times then rush out the door. Once I realized this made me stressed (and can actually cause weight gain) I stopped. I literally slept until the last 5 mins I could. I would set everything out at night. As soon as that alarm went off I knew I had to hit the ground running. Even now sometimes when my alarm goes off I jump out of bed so quick its almost scary. But I have no problem waking up because I trained my brain to not think of the sound as optional.
Other things that help are like I said, having your clothes ready, a grab and go meal, and a plan.
In college, I would sleep in my practice clothes, wake up and walk to the bathroom, Im pretty sure with my eyes still closed, my toothbrush laid out, put paste on it, go about my business, leave bathroom grab keys on the counter, next to the breakfast I had packed the night before with a sack lunch and shoes at the door, walk to the car get in a go... usually under 10 mins.
Now that I am older and still jump out of bed I am not as rushed... I jump up, walk to my coffee pot turn it on, turn on the computer, walk to the restroom, come back get coffee, sit down and start writing to you beautiful people, or head out on a run. and thats that.
I hope you find these tips helpful, or maybe I'm weird and you find them at least comical....
and too all you early people out there, like we do when we pass in the street on a twilight jog a nod of silent salutation and a mutual respect for each others own morning ritual.